Keeping Up with the Jonzee

Naw...you still at the right spot.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Ready to leave "the Man" behind

I was reading a the "Tuesday Morning Mind Purge" on DPs
blog this morning. His reference to the Man, got my mind turning. I thought I would share.

You know, after 4 years of struggling upcreek without a paddle, and for most of the time, without a boat--I realize I have become quite risk averse. In my younger years, I'd say my "leaping out on faith" was more like just making plain silly rash decisions. I thought these things were well-thought. In actuality they were quite reactionary.

After being unemployed, and leaning on a friend,who turned out to not be such a friend, I had to really take stock of my sit'chee'ation. As such, I have become quite cautious and methodical. I am sure that being back in a city (NYC for those of you who are behind) that is quite happy to eat you alive has something to do with it. Being here in Cleveland has balanced out the "proceed with extreme care" that the City had produced in me. It reminded me, that ultimately, me and the Man cannot work together long.

I see what some of these other cats in real estate are doing in this town, and I am sure that I can be both innovative and make have a positive impact on the community--while making money. And it doesn't have to be here, but I can do it.

As much as I like this job and look forward to the opportunities that may come about after school, I know that I look forward to one day doing my own thing full-time. One day, me and the "Man" will say 'hi' as we pass each other by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home