My Tee Tee
You see this Valentine's Day, I had this plan to do something special for Big T, the 60-minute massage, nice dinner out on the town, and breakfast in bed. Why? Because I know that I am special--and I don't mean like 'Aw, she's mad cool' special, I mean like 'pain in the ass' special. See, I make a huge deal about certain holidays-the gift giving holidays. Now before y'all kill me, I know better (I'm a brat. I am working on it). One should give because they want to give, not because they expect something in return. Hence, the reason I wanted to do something for him--'cause I know he be racking his brain trying to do something good and make me happy.
So, here, just in case he didn't know, is 10 things to know (and I love) about his bald-headed ass:
1. He is the most giving person I have ever known T will give you the shirt off his back even if he doesn't have it to give. It frustrates me sometimes, but I love that he believes in sharing.
2. He's sensitive He does not believe in hurting other peoples feelings and is tactful and empathetic when it comes to having to give someone the business but...
3. He ain't no punk He is very calm. He does not believe in flying off the handle and deals with conflict with a smooth hand. But if you push him? God be with you. You should see him when it comes to boys and his baby sister...I pray for whoever the boy is.
4. He's smarter than he thinks he is He tells folks that I am smarter than him. I would say I might be more knowledgeable about certain things...but smarter, nah.
5. He is meant to be a teacher One day he will figure that out.
6. Hands down, best lover ever No need to say more, but lets just say I am more satisfied than not...especially when he takes his time.
7. That man can burn My grandfather will be proud to know that I will be left in capable cooking hands. The lamb with the Dijon peppercorn sauce he made for Christmas dinner...slap somebodies mama!
8. He knows me...almost too well I don't if this is good or bad, but he is very perceptive. He can ask me what's wrong, I can say nothing, and then he, often times, can vocalize it. It's annoying. But I love it.
9. He's old school He believes that a man should take care of his woman--in some of the most old school ways, like walk on the outside near the curb, standing up when you leave the table, opening your door. But also, I know (he won't admit it) that he hates when I pay for stuff. (I didn't get to treat for V-day) I love it. Screw it. Some of y'all ladies will just have to give me the gas face for this one.
10. He makes me slow down Like that song "Green Light", I am always ready to go. I like change--sometimes to my detriment. He has shown me that sitting still( both literally and figuritively) sometimes is important and necessary. And I am grateful for it.