Keeping Up with the Jonzee

Naw...you still at the right spot.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Workin' Day and Night

I am an intern...but I feel like a full-time employee and that is fabulous. Over the years, I have had a number of internships. More often times than not I have felt like the hired nag- asking can I do this, or that, or is there something I can help you with? Here, that is not the case.

My boss is very thoughtful. He asked me to write an expectations list, and is making sure I get to do everything I asked for.

I wanted to know more about the transactional side of lending, I got it.

I wanted to be involved in the customer schmoozing and, in some cases, getting some borrowers off the ledge. I get to do it.

I wanted to spend time in the field looking at the projects the bank's money is building. I'm getting that too.

And on top of all that...

He never lets me pay for lunch.

I think I might have to buy the man a gift. I don't think I could have asked for much more. I guess this makes up for all the bosses who were (to put it mildly) far less engaging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home