Keeping Up with the Jonzee

Naw...you still at the right spot.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Another year


Another b-day. Today is the first day of last year of my 20's and the first year of the 30's for my parents marriage--to the hour.

I love b-day's, not just my own, but my friends as well. I always think of it as a way to celebrate the life you have been given and the fact that you made it to another year. Many just think of it as another day, but I think of it as a way to honor the wonders of your God-given life.

But today, I wish I could just go hide under the bed. I am in a funky funk of a funk. Nothing I was hoping to do today is going to occur. I was hoping to take my parents to a great dinner and buy them tickets to see EF&W tomorrow. Shnope. Money is funny. Ma's got an exam of some sort and won't leave the house till its over, and honestly, I'm pretty sure my pop forgot it.

And on the first day of 29, I feel bitter girl (she and are at war) trying to make her debut. I've been struggling over the last couple of years to keep that chick in check, but she's somthing else.

Maybe its because I am tired of moving, of being in transition, of being the new kid all the damn time. Yet, I am over folk telling me to slow down. Maybe, I know it is time to plant a tree and watch it grow...but who knows how soon or where.

Maybe, I making a mountain out of a hill of beans and I just need a friggin vacation and a margarita(or two).

5 Comments:

  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger Jonzee said…

    @ DP...I'm gaining on you yet? Does thae mean age or my blog?

     
  • At 5:34 PM, Blogger Athanasius said…

    Happy Birthday! Don't let that bitter bitty come to the fore because once she sees the light of day she won't go away easily. Trust me, I'm quite familiar with her sibling, Bitter Brotha - I'm still trying to keep that demon at bay. He's a monster and I've seen the wreckage that he leaves behind - relationships, jobs, family, friends - and his sister is just like him.

    Don't just check that bitty, kill her if you can.

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    happy birthday hot mama!

    don't be so bummed out though.... things may not have went the way that you wanted today, but everything rights itself in the end. just keep your head high and a big ole kool-aid smile on your face.

    oh yeah, settle down when you're ready. i'm not saying don't be responsible and handle business because of course you must. that's all a part of growing up. but if you're content with where you're at right now in life, be happy and celebrate that. there's so many people in the world doing what other people think they should be doing with their life. do what makes you happy. personally i hope you stay in cleveland a little longer...maybe i'll get to come up and buy you that margarita. but if you want to move and do something else, do it! you're not married, you have no children and you've got a great education: sky's the limit for you. follow your dreams and remember: we only get one life...live yours to the fullest!

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger Jonzee said…

    @ The Best Man

    Yeah--you right. I think I effectively knocked her out for awhile. All it took was a little b-day cake! LOL

    @Viperteq

    My time here is up in 3 weeks. But I'm a sucka for a Margarita.

     
  • At 12:51 AM, Blogger Jameil said…

    go w/the margaritas! loooooooove them! yum!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home