Keeping Up with the Jonzee

Naw...you still at the right spot.

Monday, December 17, 2007

Ain't No Mistakin'


I vehemently defend it. I get upset whenever someone says that stupid "mistake by the lake" crap--though not as angry as I used to. I have learned to count to 10 before I respond. And as a Cleveland Browns fan, I have learned to take the gut punches from NY sports fans in particular, with a stoic rather than "ready to whoop some ass" face.

Somebody owes my ass $150.

I bet that the Browns would go at least 8-8. Those fuckers are 9-5! What! Who thought it could be possible. I mean after they traded Charlie Frye within 24 hours of the first game and named Derek Anderson the starter--a man who started 5 games last year and threw way more interceptions than touchdowns--I was ready to renounce my birth city and go NY sports all the way.

But alas--he got out there and looked like he was tossing around the pigskin in the front yard. Even still, playoff dreams seemed a long way off.

But here we are. The defense has been iffy and Mr. Anderson has not been consistent at some stages, but yet here we are on the cusp of the playoffs. And if the stars weren't already aligned enough--The Steelers lost to the Jags. Perhaps, one of God's right hand angels, is a Browns fan?

But, I'm hopeful. Not stupid. We still have a ways to go--and one of those ways is through the Steelers. And all Brownies fans know what happened last time we went up against them in the playoffs.

But seeing is "Believe-land".

2 Comments:

  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger Eb the Celeb said…

    Congrats to your browns... they are really turning out to be the sleeper team this year... that game was crazy to watch... they really earned their millions in that inclement weather... like my grandma would say, I hope they went home and soked in some epson salt... it will make them feel all better....lol

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said…

    now thats what i call serious LOL. hapy nappy holidays and do stop round my way again

     

Post a Comment

<< Home