Keeping Up with the Jonzee

Naw...you still at the right spot.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Dr. Wright Decides to Keep on Living! Whatever shall we do!?

There is a lot of gnashing of teeth and rendering of garments going on among the Obamaholics these days. And now there is all this crying about why Dr. Wright is making the rounds.

Hate to bear the news, but just as my boy Ink says, "the sun does not rise or set" on the esteemed Senator's campaign.

Dr. Wright makes his living being invited to speak across the country and has for 30 years. He has and will continue to be one of the most sought after theologians in the country. Lets face it, whether he decided to start doing his thing now or in the fall, all of y'all would be crying anyway. Its not his job to stop doing what he feels he has been called to do. Just like it wasn't Ceasar Chavez, or Dr King, or Sojourner Truth's job.

Get over it. The more you talk about it. The more you analyze it, disect it, pull apart this whole "OMG, Dr. Wright came outside--Gotcha" mentality that is running rampant in the media, the more license it has. I, for one, am moving on. Dr. Wright aint running for office. This whole media push to get Barack to "denounce anybody who questions America" is a double standard. Its not new news. Please stop.

As for me, I'm going to make my bi-weekly campaign donation so I can get my tee-shirt. And, I will also be in the front pew when Dr. Wright comes my way, as I have been for years.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I've always been a Dr. Wright fan and I will continue to be. And when he comes to the DMV again...I will be front and center also!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home