Keeping Up with the Jonzee

Naw...you still at the right spot.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Go Outside in the Rain

Someone please tell me how to make this whole long distance relationship thing easier? Everytime he gets ready to go I feel like my heart is breaking.

Sad, moppy, teary...a freaking girl.

I swear I even googled how to make an LDR work. The suggestions run the gammut from phone dates to wake up calls to a drop-dead date for the LD to end. And still it gets harder.

A number of my colleagues have survived the plight of an LDR (Long Distance Relationship) and lived to tell about it. My boss married his wife after 15 months of long distance--80% of their relationship. The guy who shares the cube wall with me? He picked up his crap and moved to DC after nearly a year of LD. He's getting married in the fall.

The stories keep me encouraged. But what they also tell me is that its just going to get worse.

Guess that cancels out the encouragement.

We talk on the phone at twice a day--even if not for long. We see each other on average--every 8 days. And we even have a plan for when LD will end. But as time goes on, this is getting more difficult.

But I feel bad for feeling bad. Other people have much more difficult LDR's then I do. My close friend's fiancee is in Kuwait--and has been since they got engaged. She is planning a wedding--and though he chimes in from a distance--thats got to be a lot of weight. Compared to that, a 200 mile trip from B'more to NYC is nothing.

Still, I miss my man. And it would be nice to be able to sleep on those 8 days when we aren't together.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger Christina Springer said…

    Hugs Jonzee. Stay strong!

     
  • At 12:39 AM, Blogger Ferocious Kitty said…

    Wish I had some advice. We're doing the MD/PA thing for...oh, the next decade (kids and ex-spouses, gotta love 'em). But there are some upsides, one being that we don't get bored with each other or the relationship. Every time we see each other, it feels brand new.

    Hang in there!

     
  • At 9:35 PM, Blogger So...Wise...Sista said…

    Yeah...I ALMOST wanna hate you for the whole 8 days thing. But even a day apart on a day you need to be close is excruciating. *bout to go see what go.ogle got to say* :)

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww (((((Kris))))

     

Post a Comment

<< Home