Keeping Up with the Jonzee

Naw...you still at the right spot.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Transitioning out of Transition

Its interesting how comfortable one can get in the "transition zone" I have been so used to being in survival mode. And in someways I still am since I am not quite out of the woods with school. But the sun is shining and all I can think--no matter how corny it is--is "my future's so bright, I gotta wear shades." I am particularly excited about this new year. I've made significant career and personal progress and hope to add that to the love/relationship thing too. I'll be turning 30. Graduating. Joining the work world(okay sort of excited about this). Lastly, I'll be ending the cycle of being broke I have lived in for nearly the past three years.

For the first time in my grown life, rather than run the streets, or make fetal attempts at getting close enough to watch the ball drop in the Square,I'm starting a new personal tradition, I am going to church. So much to be thankful for and what better way to start off the new year than by thanking Him for all he has taught me, and given and taken on my behalf. I will also lay my burdens and hopes at the alter.

In 07, I look forward to(in no particular order):

1) Making something happen with "The Teacher"--I think he is the one and I need to be patient to see that through.
2) Graduating with Honors and deferring law school.
3) significantly reducing the amount of cursing I do--NYC brings the worse out of me.
4) Continuing and completing my goal to be fitter, finer, and foxier before Trinidad in March--18 lbs to go and perhaps I will comfortably rock a bathing suit.
5) Getting a job in Cleveland. Cleveland is where my passion lies and I have to get past the glitter and popularity of my last two residences in DC and NYC. (BIG SHOUT TO OSCAR IN L'Ville-- Thanks.)
6) Living by myself with my own stuff and not having to deal with collecting rent from others
7) Getting my finances back on track so that WHEN I am back in Cleveland--I can buy a house in 08.
8) Retiring the job of the fifth digit.

So, to all of you may 07 bring unexpected opportunity, growth, and happiness. Thanks for listening.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger Athanasius said…

    Happy New Year!

    May it be the best year yet and the first in a long series of exceptionally good years.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home