Keeping Up with the Jonzee

Naw...you still at the right spot.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Aw! Well, idn't that just sweet uh yuh!?

Mike's story was listed in the top 10 most read stories on NYtimes.com.

And I don't know how I feel about it. I am once moved by the story of rags to better life for a young, poor homeless teenager. It is 2006 and people still love the stories of how some benevolent white family saved some young black boy. The story makes him sound like a strong steed that needed to be tamed.

As my grandfather would say, "Ain't that mighty white of them?"

I'll let the commentary from y'all suffice for the rest of what I could say.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:11 PM, Blogger Athanasius said…

    Double-check your link to Mike's story - it's self-referential.

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger G. Cornelius said…

    Ummmm...Never like the the story...But wow...America...(shaking head)...I'll keep you posted

     

Post a Comment

<< Home