Keeping Up with the Jonzee

Naw...you still at the right spot.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Date Night

Lots of folk I know consider Saturday night date night. Not me. Not ever. As a matter of fact, I don't think I have ever even planned a date for Saturday night. Or been asked on a date on Saturday night---if I have been, shows you how memorable it is. Saturday isn't even "going to kick it with my love ones" night either--unless I am out of town (yo, A-town put it down the last two saturdays for me--so I prolly need lay low any how) Saturday has become blog night for me--unexplicably.

I want to be able to post a few times a week. But as I have mentioned--school is kicking my butt. 4 classes, 1 workshop, 2 projects, and trying to find post grad employment. Oh, and there is the little thing that I have finally slowed down enough to learn how to date too. Well, all of that just doesn't lead to dilligent bloggery.

But every Saturday, life seems to slow down just enough for me to post something.

If this was one of the many pretty journal-like notebooks I have been given over the years by my mom's or purchased through my own volition---this would be a wrap. If this was the one of the three other blogs I had attempted to start in the last 2 years --the last post would have been 2 years old.

But starting this thing to cure what I believe would be total, absolute flagilating bordem turned out to be the best thing for me. Its free therapy. It clears the clutter. And makes my fast behind sit still long enough to try to string some cohesive sentences together about something random floating around in my mind that does not have anything to do with tax incidence, marginal burden, or two-sample hypothesis testing. Excuse me...

So, I'd like to thank me blog for:

1) Making me be honest with myself about things I need to change
2) Helping me take stock of where I am in my life and who I have surrounded myself with
3) Clearing my ADHD mind of some of the stuff that keeps me from focusing

and most of all

4) Forcing me to get back in the habit of writing. I enterain the mess out of myself everytime I re-read one of my posts. Especially, the early ones--some one call the editing police.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:48 PM, Blogger Jameil said…

    my blog day is thursday night into friday. i don't know why but i'm always extremely awake and ready to blog on thursday night into friday.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home