Keeping Up with the Jonzee

Naw...you still at the right spot.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

We will Now Return to Our Regularly Scheduled Program

Man... Whew! I managed to make it through the last 29 days without falling apart. So much to do! Whoever said second year of grad school was much easier is a muufuucin liar! I knew I was about to fall apart when I was sitting in Quant class about to start balling while the professor was going over some complicated formula about "two sample cases" or some crap. All I knew was I had two big financial models due, a public finance midterm with a professor from hell who prides himself on being able to say after one of his exams "I know its hard to feel good after an excercise like this", two interviews, and needed to chase down the head Negro's at the League to get some info for another project making no traction fast.

And an uncontrollable horniness with no outlet... Perhaps I was crying because celibacy is a bitch with red heals on??

Anyhoo...

But now I have a pulled pectoral muscle and a developing strep virus and plenty of time to post for you and surf the web for random crap. Like did you know that Omar Epps is married to Keisha from Total? Some dude on the train told me I should check in with the rest of the world every once in awhile--guess I missed that one.

And I missed that my parents neighbor and fellow Shaker Heights alum, Mr Gerald Levert had a heart attack...I would say something. But y'all would think I wasn't being nice.

Speaking of nice, did you know that D-Nice is now DJ D-Nice fulltime again and is in fact still quite nice on the wheels (and still quite fine)? Doing the DJ thing the way it was meant to be-- non-stop bootie shaking all over the damn place. I guess the photography doesn't pay enough of the bills. Oh and his blog is nice too. Full of pics to make your old ass feel even older. All I got to say is, think 15 years ago.

Is there anything I have missed? Other than the mid-term elections which has made G-dub tuck his tail between his legs.

I did manage to check in long enough to excercise my enfranchisment.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, just to let you know, D-Nice has always been a DJ from jump. That's how he got his start with KRS and Boogie Down Productions back in the day: He became their road DJ when Kris's brother Kenny wanted to get more into the production and management side of the the business (Kenny is the one who discovered Heather B., ex-MTV Real World Alum. She gots mad history yo!).

    Anyway, D-Nice never stopped DJ'ing after he broke away from the Boogie Down camp.... he always jsut stayed low-key doing his gigs and building up his rep until we get to the here and now where he's DJ'ing for Diddy. I got mad respect for dude...one of the few still doing it......

     
  • At 1:21 AM, Blogger Jonzee said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 1:29 AM, Blogger Jonzee said…

    Whoops...

    a very important word was missing "full-time"

    Homeboy was trying his hand at the hip-hop photog thing for a minute (and from his pics--still loves it)...

    As for Diddy...damn I really need to check in more often.

    This week he and Tip are DJ'ing Red's 50th...and I might have to miss turkey dinner to excercise some VIP.

    Thanks for correcting my foolishness.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home