Keeping Up with the Jonzee

Naw...you still at the right spot.

Friday, December 21, 2007

And Here's to You Too

You saved my life. DP helped me identify the dream, but you homie, you saved my life. It was a dark time for me. And it was your constant demand that I get up, that saved me. But it was very difficult for me to know that you would ever think that I would play you for the bending over backwards you did for me. But I get it, because I get you. You feel me?

Our friendship is a spiritual one. Our friendship is one that teeters on the edge of going too far. It is a rare type of friendship that is hard to find...kinda like true love. I think it happens once--maybe twice. And if and when it does, you gotta have the patience and the drive to make it keep working. That is us. From our first conversation on the front stoop of my first apartment by myself, I knew we would be friends for a lifetime. I don't see that changing. I didn't even see it changing, when were both angry and resentful of the other.

All I can really say, is I am glad that in 2007 are wits came about us. Here we are again, having meaningful conversations. Understanding whats going on in the head of the other just because we are that connected.

In the end we both know that too far--might be just that. But I value you more than you can ever know. And I look forward to the day when you find the one for you--the one you can trust with all of your heart. The one who is not only your road dawg, but the love your life. I'm looking forward to couple dinners and watching our respective rugrats play together. And I am especially looking forward to continuing to be friends the way we were before.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    First of all, dont come on my blog cheering for the Browns!! lol

    I have a friend that I am very connected to. We finish each others sentences. We can predict each others actions. Its like being twins. My thoughts are her thoughts. Thats the only person I do that with. I have never even felt that connected with a significant other

     
  • At 6:49 PM, Blogger All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said…

    YES ITS EAISER TO GET BIRD FLU THAN TRU LOVE OR FRIENDS

     

Post a Comment

<< Home