Keeping Up with the Jonzee

Naw...you still at the right spot.

Friday, January 04, 2008

Committed

So I did it. I been rocking "le puff" for more than five years. And now it is on its way to locking. I been on the fence about it for 2 years, but upon the big move to B'more I decided fuck it.

The hair tour has been an interesting one. Shoot, I remember the day I decided to let my perm go like it was yesterday. Hair crisis #4081 on the morning of a little hookie event with my big headed brother from another mother, DP. I had just moved to the District, and had finally moved up off my cousin's couch out in "planned community", VA. No money to set the hair straight. Particularly weary of spending my last few dollars on them chicks who made my hair way too poofy (thats the way when you got so much hair, they want to charge you extra.) So I tried to blow dry it, pin it, plait it. A mess.

I came out the bathroom in tears. Hair washed for the third time, and big D, doing that shifting from one foot to the other thing, was lecturing me about time or something. I explain the crisis and he simply looks at me and says, "why don't you wear it like that?" Simple. Plain. Goes back to watch the tele. I look in the mirror at the semi-wavy curly thing and say, "fuck it". Thats all she wrote.

I guess locing is my latest "fuck it" moment. Honestly, all of my moments have worked our well, so I'm not worried. Its gonna be a minute, the wavy straightness on the edges and the thickness in the middle means I gotta go get it palm rolled every two weeks or its starts to unravel and we have hot mess time. But I must say, Im digging my new profile.

I do miss the fro', but Lawd knows it was hard to comb!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:12 AM, Blogger So...Wise...Sista said…

    LOVE the locs!!!!! Woohoo! And I'm trying a new stylist next week, and she's reasonably priced, (my other stylist is GREAT but be gettin up in my pockets!!) so lemme know if you need her #. :)

     
  • At 11:59 PM, Blogger Eb the Celeb said…

    you have to update your profile pic now... we have to see the new do

     

Post a Comment

<< Home