Keeping Up with the Jonzee

Naw...you still at the right spot.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Before I let you go

I have noticed in the past few years that people I thought would be life long friends with are now people that I think I would really like to distance myself from.

I have always had a problem letting go of folk--even if they did me dirty. But, its too much burden to carry.

The folk I think I need to move on from have not neccessarily done me badly. Some, we just aren't on the same page. Some, everytime I talk to them, I feel like I am on the psychotherapists couch. Some have simply stagnated in life and either always exude negativity or complain about everything. Others always want you to do something for them but can never do anything in return.

These relationships probably say more about me than it does them. But I'm learning.

And what I am learning is sometimes you just gotta say goodbye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home