Keeping Up with the Jonzee

Naw...you still at the right spot.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Meet me at the Funny Farm

These muuufuuuca's stole my radio. They broke in my car, right under my bedroom window, ripped out the stereo, the center console, and broke the covering on the steering columun.

Just that fast.

Oh, and they had enough leisure time to steal every single CD--both cases which were hidden under the seats and the empty jewels in the glove compartment. I feel violated and for the first time ever,since living in NYC or the surrounding areas, I feel unsafe.

I'm not new to city living. I know that Jersey is the car thief capital of the country. Its not like I left the face of my radio in plain sight. I put it in th glove compartment and locked it. I parked the car in my driveway, and even though I am absent minded, I managed to remember to lock the doors. For goodness sake, the driveway is underneath my bedroom window! I feel like someone is watching me and knows my every move.

I haven't even been back for a complete 72 hours. And now, I really want to go home.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So does this mean, you're coming back to Cleveland?

    BTW, I need a new email address for you. I had something I wanted to send you, but I didn't know if you were still using that other email address....

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Athanasius said…

    There was this scene in The Color Purple where this song was being sung - I think the song was "God's Trying To Tell You Something" - that kinda reminds me of your situation here.

    How 'bout them Cavaliers?

    Smile, chin up, consider your options and then do what's best for your peace of mind and your physical safety. Don't make me have to drive up to Jersey to get unholy on a clown because they decided to go upside your head or something in order to snatch a purse, or worse.

    I did grow up in Detroit...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home