Keeping Up with the Jonzee

Naw...you still at the right spot.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

What if they ask me to stay?

Honestly, I have enjoyed my summer in Cleveland more than I thought possible. I have taken advantage of the various summer activities, hung out with the fam (though there were a couple of moments when I actually said out loud, "you all are aggravating as hell."), and met a boy I like--of course with only two weeks left in the city. There are rumors floating about that I might get offered a gig working for my current boss, or within the company(which might be Chicago). I love working for him--he is a great teacher. But do all of these things lend to it being a good idea to move here permanently?

It is clear that from NYC,I gotta go. I will always drive up the NJ Turnpike waiting to get to exit 6 so I can here Power 105 and 'BLS, but I just can't 'swang' it any more. I need to be able to buy a tax deduction, not be someone else's.

Does that mean I should move to Cleveland?

I could go back to DC and get a good 'guhment job. But anybody who has ever met a federal government worker, knows that even the best and the brightest either quit because of the high level of apathy or they stay on and let their brains turn to mush as they, too, become apathetic.

But does that mean I should move to Cleveland?

A phat crib for under $200,000?
Free food from Mom dukes?
Free handy work (after he complains about being manipulated) from Pop's?
Free car repairs or the super steep discount from my brother or his hook ups?
Pretty close to DC, Chicago, NYC in under 6.5 hours when I need my smog, traffic, noise fix?

Man, I don't know...

Cleveland needs me and young people like me, fo' sho. The opportunity to be a big dog if you are young, bright and driven, is virtually endless.

But, Man, I don't know. Some how it all adds up to the right answer. I just don't know how to get to the answer yet.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:17 PM, Blogger SLUMP FACADE said…

    Not to pry, but I'd stay anywhere the following sentence is true, "Cleveland needs me and young people like me, fo' sho. The opportunity to be a big dog if you are young, bright and driven, is virtually endless."

     
  • At 5:16 PM, Blogger Athanasius said…

    As a long-time Steelers fan I can't say too much good about Cleveland, but I can't see any reason why you wouldn't stay - opportunities for career advancement, opportunities for life-long love and happiness with him, opportunities for immediate support from your friends and family - maybe I missed it, but what was the case for leaving again?

     
  • At 11:26 PM, Blogger Jonzee said…

    @slump facade...touche

    @ oscar... are you my long lost big brother and voice of reason. I'm going to have to start paying you for this stuff!

     
  • At 6:04 AM, Blogger chele said…

    Sounds to me like you know the answer. I definitely agree with buying the tax deduction ... that's a move in the right direction. Good luck.

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger So...Wise...Sista said…

    Well there's obviously SOMETHING that is making you unsure...what is it?

    But for sure, if being close to fam, a good cost of living, a job, and a good dude are what you're iin search of, then stay. That's the thing...it doesnt have to be permanent. You have your fam to lean on, which gives you even more breathing room. If they offer you the gig, and as you say, you like you're boss, stick around...cuz who knows what demons are out there lurching in DC or NYC...esp if you DONT have the gig and fam hook ups!
    Good luck!!!
    ps...thnx for the shout. ::blushing::

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger Jameil said…

    i miss my fam. and charlotte is definitely on its way up, full of the young and hungry but... i can't move back home right now (not enuf big city smog to fulfill my own fix! lol). tough decision homie.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home