Keeping Up with the Jonzee

Naw...you still at the right spot.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

The Demise of a Romance That Never Existed

Last year this time ( give or take a few weeks), I was in the throws of being intrigued by a teacher. A man who currently teaches at the high school I loathed, but coaches my favorite sport(football), so the loathing was put aside. By the end of the summer, I determined that I was more than intrigued, I was excited about the possibility of exploring a relationship with a person who, on the surface, appeared to be everything I had written down in my prayer notebook (which I have since lost). Though, there was this little issue called distance that needed to be worked out--since I live in NYC and he lives in CLE--but you know nothing worth having is ever easy.

The first few times we hung out, the first few minutes of the dates were awkward, but after the intial warm-up, everything was gravy. I came back to NYC in the fall and we kept up, and since I was considering relocating the possiblity of a future serious relationship was possible.

Then just as I was getting the "come over and let me make dinner" invitiation--a big step since we had never more than kissed in the 6 months we talked--it all went to hell. The ex-girl moved back home--and even though she was selfish and cheated his heart was still there--and he told me he needed to figure out if that is where he should be. I respected that honesty immensely.

But Damn. Was I meant to still be single at 30???

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home