Keeping Up with the Jonzee

Naw...you still at the right spot.

Monday, February 11, 2008

There's More to Life than Hip-Hop and R & B Joints

Every once and awhile the Grammy voters make me proud. Last night, they didn't pick the normal pop, rock, or R and B most popularly played on the radio record. They did something different.

Hence, Mr. Hancock's win.

Its only the second time in Grammy history that a "jazz" album (more pop compilation with Jazz roots then jazz) has won this prestigious award.

So in honore of BHM,Jazz music, and a "Jazz" album win in the Best Album category, check out These 8 Chicago Brothers (7 blood 1 not)




These cats have been on my list of "never take out of the changer" since 2006. And if you live in NYC and pass through Union Square you might get lucky and hear their funk, hip-hop inspired music. If you are so lucky, buy a record while you are at it--'cause you can't get it at the store.

And if not, check out their myspace page, where you can order one.


Keep dancin'.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:04 PM, Blogger Eb the Celeb said…

    YEAH... I DONT KNOW WHY EVERYONE WAS SURPRISED.... ITS AN INCREDIBLE ALBUM AND HE HAS BEEN MAKING INCREDIBLE ALBUMS FOR YEARS... I'M GLAD HE FINALLY GOT HIS DUE SHINE

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger Eb the Celeb said…

    Oh... and as far as Hypnotiq... I have 3 of their CD's everytime I see them I have to stop... They are incredible... Its crazy because when I first moved to NYC their instruments were all taped together and such... I saw them recently and its obvious they've been really making a stamp and moving up. They have brand new instruments and even have a manager now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home